This post was most recently updated on February 20th, 2021
You are finally going to have your first date with her.
It feels so good, doesn’t it?
Your very first date with her. You must be delighted, and you know what, you deserve that.
You are eager to meet her, and I am sure she is too. I hope you have already planned everything properly because I don’t want you to create a mess on your first date.
How you act and present yourself on your first date determines the future of your relationship with her.
Each topic you discuss should be astronomically measured so that you don’t cross any boundaries.
Today, in this article, we will discuss “how to ask” and “what to talk” on your first date. Make sure you don’t skip a single sentence because this article is written precisely for you.
It would be best if you didn’t make the same mistakes that I made.
What would you like to eat?
Remember what I told you a bit earlier about proper planning? The first thing that you should plan is a place to meet.
Have you planned it already? If you haven’t, then you should book a table in a nice restaurant right now.
You might meet some people who would suggest you go watch a movie together on your first date, but I don’t prefer that.
A restaurant gives you more flexibility comparing to the cinema hall, park or a mall.
Now, let’s come to the main point. Ask her what she likes to eat.
It’s a restaurant, so you guys won’t be just sitting there for hours without ordering something. Ask her:
- What should we order?
- What would you like to have?
Hand her the menu and let her choose.
Most people pre-order food without asking their partner. This is a very dumb move. You should never do that.
Are you comfortable?
She is meeting you for the very first time. She would obviously be nervous. If she feels uncomfortable for the whole date, then that’s a terrible sign. You should ask her:
- Are you comfortable with this place?
- Do you like this restaurant?
- How’s the food?
Tell her that you are feeling nervous too. Let her know you both are on the same page. If she feels comfortable talking to you, then your date will go totally fine.
Girls become uncomfortable when they have to use the washroom but couldn’t say it.
It happens to a lot of people.
If you feel like she needs to go to the washroom, you should help her by making things easier.
Don’t ask her directly if she wants to go to pee cause that would make her more uncomfortable.
Make it easier for her by saying:
“I feel like you are getting nervous; why don’t you go and freshen up?”
Trust me; she would be forever grateful to you.
Talk about family members
The best way to start a conversation is by talking about family. She would love to know about your family and tell you about her.
- Talk about how many members are there in your family.
- Ask her about where her family is originally from.
- Discuss family businesses.
- Ask her about her siblings and tell her about yours.
Family is one of the important topics to talk about on a first date. Family matters.
I am sure she has some hobbies. Try to know her better by knowing her hobbies.
- What do you do when you are free?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
She might say dancing, cooking, watching movies, listening to music, and so on. Here are some questions for you to ask her regarding those topics.
- When did you learn to dance?
- What kind of dance forms do you know?
- How often do you practice?
- What kinds of food can you cook?
- What was the first dish that you ever cooked?
- Do you cook a lot?
- Do you cook for your whole family?
- What kind of movies do you watch?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- Who are your favorite actors/actresses?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What was the last movie you watched?
- What kind of music do you admire?
- Who is your favorite singer?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
Likewise, make sure you also let her know about your hobbies. When you ask her about her hobbies, she would also ask you to tell her about yours. Don’t try to make imaginary hobbies just to impress her.
Don’t tell her that you like Mountain Climbing or Horse Riding unless you have done them.
She might be working currently, or she might have left the job and looking for another one. Here are some things to talk about on the first date regarding work.
If she is currently working
- Where do you work?
- How many days a week do you work?
- Do you like your workplace?
- Are you satisfied with your job?
- What is your time schedule?
If she isn’t working currently
- What was the last job you did?
- Why did you leave that job?
- What didn’t you like about that job?
If she is looking for a job
- What kind of job are you looking forward to doing?
- Where do you want to work?
- What are your expectations for your future job?
- Are you looking for full time or part-time work?
Is it really important to take about studies on a first date? Yes, it is.
You are trying to know her better, right?
Asking questions regarding studies will help you understand a lot about her.
Here are some questions for you to ask her:
- Are you still a student?
- Where did you graduate from?
- What was your major subject?
- Are you planning on continuing your studies further?
- What is your academic qualification?
If she tells you that she dropped out of college. Ask her:
- Why did you drop out?
- What was the reason?
- Are you going to join college again?
How did you come to know her? Did you guys meet online? Like on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or some other similar Social media?
If you met her on Social Media, chances are you already know about her birth date. Most of the girls usually make their birthday visible on their profile.
But if it wasn’t visible and you don’t know when her birthday is, you should ask her the following questions:
- When is your birthday?
- What’s your birthplace?
- Were you born in your house or in a hospital?
- Do you celebrate your birthday?
Never ask how old she is.
That’s rude, and you might get the “Don’t you know you shouldn’t ask a girl’s age” answer directly on your face.
When you ask her about her birthday, she might tell you her birth date too. But this will only happen if she is comfortable with you.
Related article: 9 Best Ways To Wish Your Girlfriend On Her Birthday.
Are we going to meet again?
You would obviously want to meet her again, wouldn’t you?
You have to ask her if she wants to meet you too.
- Are you having a good time?
- Are you enjoying it?
- Do you want to do this again?
- Will we see each other again?
- Is there going to be a second date?
If she really enjoyed your company, she would definitely say “Yes” to a second date.
Congratulations again on your first date with her.
If you follow the exact steps you learned from this article, I am sure you will have a good time with her.
Please don’t lie to her about anything she asks.
Be honest, be yourself, and respect the boundaries.
Here are things that you shouldn’t talk about on a first date:
- Her ex-boyfriend
What and how you talk about things on a first date determines whether you are going to have a second date or not. You have to make sure that you plan your second date properly too.
All the best.
If you have any questions in mind, let me know in the comment section below.
You may also like to read:
How To Deal With A Proposal Rejection By A Girl?